What is a Spartan Race? Unlike a normal distance run, Spartan Races include a variety of obstacles and challenges designed to push athletes to new physical and mental heights. Read on for why you should run a Spartan Race!
“The Spartan Race Fitness Team is focused on BUILDING BETTER HUMANS by developing:
- Stamina – the ability to endure
- Power – strength and speed
- Athleticism – complete integrated functional fitness, using the body in a way that it was intended to move
- Readiness – take on any challenge, any time!
- Tenacity – mental
- Attitude – a positive disposition even in the face of adversity”
Spartan Racers make up a large community with lots of opportunities to make friends, meet coaches, and raise funds for good causes. One great opportunity is the upcoming Special Ops Spartan Race February 15th at Raymond Jones Stadium in Tampa, Fl which will benefit the USSOCOM Care Coalition. The care coalition supports Special Operations Forces wounded, ill, or injured warriors and their families.
Why You Should Be a Spartan:
- Races all over the globe
- Major bragging rights
- Voted best obstacle races
- Variety of distances to suit your strengths
- Support great causes like USSOCOM Care Coalition
- Awesome finishers medals and t-shirts
- Killer after race parties
- Something to aim for and train for
- Encourages all around athleticism and mental acuity
- Cross it off your bucket list
Going to be in or near Tampa, Florida January 11th at 8am? Spartan Race is offering the amazing, unique opportunity to sign up (space is LIMITED!!) for a free workout with #1 MMA Welterweight Champion Johny “Big Rig” Hendricks! Yes, I said a FREE workout with a world class athlete. This workout is limited to 300 civilians and, in true special ops style, the exact location remains top secret until registration is complete. (Within 10 miles of Tampa, Fl.) Click HERE to sign up!
To promote this special workout as well as the Tampa Special Ops Spartan Race, the lovely folks at Spartan Race have offered to giveaway one free Spartan Race entry good for any open heat in any Spartan Race in the Continental US in 2014! To enter, input your first and last name and email below (no spam or information selling, I promise.) Additional entries can be earned by following me on Pinterest, pinning this link, following me on Twitter, Tweeting this link (earn one entry per day for this,) subscribing to my RSS, or liking the Simply Fit & Clean Facebook page. (Do any or all of these in the form below so your entry counts!)
Sweepstakes runs from Jan 3rd, 2014 at 12:05pm to Jan 10th, 2014 at 11:59pm. Void where prohibited.
Unsure about entering the contest but still want to run a Spartan Race? Click HERE for 15% off your next race. (Not an affiliate link.)
Be sure to subscribe to the blog, like the Facebook page, and follow me on Twitter and Pinterest! Let me know in the comments or via email if you decide to become a Spartan!