If you’re trying to cut back on processed foods and sugar, you are probably looking for some alternate ideas for Valentine’s Day that don’t involve a bag of candy sitting in your pantry. Making healthy choices is hard enough without cupcakes and treats within arms reach! I’ve searched through the blog-o-sphere for 12 sugar free ideas for Valentine’s Day. Let the many talented bloggers sharing their ideas inspire you to think outside the candy. This list is also really useful if there are any allergies to be minded or kids who are especially sensitive to sugars/dyes.
In no particular order (click on title):
- You’re My Main Squeeze – Funky Polkadot Giraffe (applesauce)
- Melted Crayon Hearts – All You
- Rainbow Loom Valentines for Kids – Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Noodle Necklace – The Alison Show
- Magnifying Glass Valentines – Dandee
- Glow Stick Valentines – Delia Creates
- Bead Heart Wands – No Time for Flash Cards
- You Make My Heart Race – Crafty Project
- Meant to Bee Friends – Just Another Day in Paradise
- You’re Dino-Mite – Spoonful
- You’re All Write – She Wears Many Hats
- Valentine Fruit – Craftaholics Anonymous
For more grown up, non-food gifts that don’t require crafting, try something like this or this for her and this or this for him. A gift certificate from SpaFinder is ALWAYS a good option, no matter the holiday.
Be sure to subscribe to the blog, like the Facebook page, and follow me on Twitter and Pinterest, and to use the social media buttons below this post to share with your friends who are looking for ideas for Valentine’s Day that are free of candy and sweets.