- The 2014 Fittest and Fattest Cities in America: The List by Men’s Health – Portland, Oregon ranks number one for fitness among the 50 most populous cities in America. Memphis, Tennessee ranks fattest among those 50.
- BSX Insight Looks To Shake Up Wearable Fitness Tracking With A Needle-Free Lactate Threshold Sensor by Tech Crunch – A fascinating and impressive bit of technology that could help improve fitness levels in non-professional athletes.
- Army Tests Both Women, Men in Combat Fitness Study by ABCNews – The US Army is working to create a unisex combat fitness test.
- What Running Can Do for the Heart by The New York Times – Interesting study that found measurable health benefits for non- running spouses of marathon runners.
- Is Walking As Good A Workout As Running? by Forbes – A good read delineating the benefits and risks of running vs walking with tips on how to burn more while walking.
- Exercise video games may add to kids’ activity: study by GMA News Online – Screen time can be good for health if kids are playing video games that require activity.
- Why High-Impact Exercise Is Good for Your Bones by The New York Times – More research backs up this old but valid claim.
- For those with orthorexia, diet can never be ‘pure’ enough by LA Times – A thoughtful piece that reminds us all that obsessing over perfection is never a good thing, even when it comes to eating well.
Any health and fitness news articles you’ve read that you want to share? Be sure to subscribe to the blog, like the Facebook page, follow me on Twitter and Pinterest, and use the social media buttons below this post to share these health and fitness articles with your friends.